Thanks to all participating students throughout the college who submitted fantastic projects to the 2012 Digitech showcase. See all Digitech submissions from CVATD students at digitech.fsu.edu/x/2012/cvatd.
Congratulations to the students from the Department of Art who received many awards at the Digitech 2012 Awards Ceremony:
- Larry Weru was awarded Best in Show – Contribution: Sentry
in the spirit of Mores, the exhibit that best demonstrates strength of character by contributing to others.
- Maize Arendsee was awarded Best in Show Expression Winner: Paintings by MANDEM
in the spirit of Artes, the exhibit that best demonstrates the application of digital technologies skill for expressing ideas and feelings (Maize will join the Department of Art’s MFA program in Fall 2012)
- Nate Watson was awarded Animation and Motion Pictures Winner: Wonderings
digitally produced animation and motion pictures.
- Aaron Carrillos was awarded Physical Computing Winner: Weather Coat
computing systems that include robotics or physical objects that can sense and respond to the analog world
- Jacob Waites was awarded Web Design Winner: JFWDESIGN
the design and implementation of a Web site using an appropriate visual design and user interface
Larry Weru with his award for Best in Show