Prior to teaching, Steve practiced in the fields of architecture and interior design for more than 10 years for several firms including Gensler. He holds an NCIDQ certification, is a LEED-AP and member of IDEC and EDRA. His areas of instruction include design studios, construction systems and construction documents. Research areas include design pedagogy, emerging materials and material design, trends in practice and design process.
B.S. Architecture 2001 Lawrence Technological University
B.S. Interior Architecture 2001 Lawrence Technological University
M.Arch. 2005 Lawrence Technological University
Studio courses, Construction Systems, Construction Documents
Emotional intelligence in the design process, design pedagogy, trends in practice
Select Scholarly/Creative Works & Awards
- College of Fine Arts Teaching Award (2018).
- Service Award, Interior Design Educators Council (2017).
- Webber, S. (contract, in press). Interior Design Fundamentals. Manuscript under contract for publication in 2019, New York: Fairchild Books.
- Webber, S. (2017). Emotional Intelligence in the Interior Design Context. Journal of Interior Design, -. Retrieved from http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/joid.12103/full doi:10.1111/joid.12103
- University Teaching Award Nominee, Florida State University (2016 – 2017).
- Webber, S. (2016). The Charrette Design Model Provides a Means to Promote Collaborative Design in Higher Education. Journal of Systemics, Cybernetics, and Informatics, 14(1), 84-91. Retrieved from http://www.iiisci.org/journal/sci/issue.asp?is=ISS1601Best Paper in Session, International Institute of Informatics and Systemics (2016).
- 2014 KOSES International Invitation Exhibition “Best Award”, Korean Society of Exhibition Design Studies (2014).
- Webber, S. B. (presented 2014, February). Influencing Construction Systems Pedagogy by Determining Patterns in Learning Styles. Presentation at 2014 Interior Design Educators’ Council Annual Conference, IDEC, New Orleans, LA. (National)
- Webber, S. B. (presented 2014, February). Project Z: Designing for the Zombie Apocalypse. Presentation at 2014 Interior Design Educators’ Council Annual Conference Pecha Kucha Night, IDEC. (National)
- Webber, S. B. (presented 2014, May). Pro-Active Multi-Disciplinary Collaboration in Preparation for the Zombie Apocalypse. Presentation at 2014 Environmental Design Research Association Annual Conference, EDRA, New Orleans, LA. (International)
- Webber, S. B. (presented 2013, February). Overcoming the Young Designer’s Bias: Instructional Techniques that Create Fresh Perspectives in Dwelling Design. Presentation at 2013 IDEC Annual Conference, IDEC, Indianapolis, IN. (National)