Full Time Faculty
- David Butler
- Jim Dawkins
- Kenan Fishburne
- Karen Myers
- Jill Pable
- Marlo Ransdell
- Lisa Waxman
- Steve Webber
Full-Time Visiting Professors
David M. Butler
Office: 1036 William Johnston Building
Phone: (850) 644-3284
Career Planning, Business and Professional Practices, Lighting and Electrical Systems, Residential and Non-Residential Interior Design, Portfolio Performance, Materials and Methods
- M.A. Interior Design University of Missouri
- B.S. Housing and Interior Design University of Missouri
- Registered Interior Designer, State of Florida #0000012 1988 to Present
- Registered Interior Design Business, State of Florida #0000001 1988 to Present Recent
Recent Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activity
- Florida State University Academic Advising Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising 2007
- Florida State University Teaching Incentive Program (TIP) Award for Excellence in Teaching 1996-97
Florida State University Academic Advising Award for Excellence in Undergraduate Advising 1997
Co-Authors: David M. Butler and Larry L. Peterson, Design Professionals Guidebook to Managing Your Career Path, for
Architecture, Interior Design and Landscape Architecture Students, 2005 Edition. www.designprofs.biz
- Author: Career Path Management: CPM, A Handbook for Interior Design Students, Copyright 1997, United States Library of Congress
Florida State University: Phi Kappa Phi
Graduate Fellowship Juror 1996 to Present
- Continuing Education Provider and Monitor, 1992 to Present State of Florida Board of Architecture and Interior Design IDCEC registered
- Education Specialist, 1988 to Present State of Florida Board of Architecture and Interior Design Wrote and Edit Experience, Education and Examination requirements Florida Administrative Codes and Statutes
- 1999 National Survey of Accredited Interior Design Programs Developed new education guidelines for rules adoption in 2001
Significant Professional Practice
- Westcott Administration Building, Florida State University, 2000.
- Project Role: Interior Designer for Lighting and color analysis for entry and auditorium mezzanine.
- Tallahassee Regional Memorial Medical Center. Project Role: Interior Designer for leased office spaces interior space planning and specifications, 1995.
- Roche Laboratories, Tallahassee, FL. Project Role: Interior Designer for space planning and product specifications, 1995.
- Wakulla Springs Lodge and Conference Facility, Florida State University.
- Project Role: Interior Designer for space planning and product specifications for Presidential Suite and Inn, 1990.
- Bivins Dermatology Clinic, Tallahassee, FL. Project Role: Interior Designer, 1981-1996.
- The Greenwood Estate, Tallahassee, FL. Project Role: Interior Designer for 1939 Colonial Renovation.
Papers presented at professional meetings
- Invited presenter, “Career Path Management: The Role of the Educator and the Responsibility of the Student”, Interior Design Educators Council, International Conference, Clearwater, Florida, April 1999.
Weins, Janet. The Value of FIDER Accreditation,
Interiors and Sources, periodical, July/August 1998 Participated in professional interview.
- Invited presenter: Waxman, L., Butler, D. Nielson, J. “The Impact of Professional Licensing on Interior Design Education”, Interior Design Educators Council, International Conference, Nashville, Tennessee 1995.
Memberships in Professional Organizations
- American Society of Interior Designers (ASID) Invited to Council of Fellows 1998 Professional Member 1979 to Present Florida North Chapter Board of Directors 1983-1996 Florida North Chapter President 1991-92 (Host of National Conference 1991) Medalist Award Recipient 1991
- Interior Design Educators Council (IDEC) Corporate Member 1984-94, 1996-2002
- National Council for Interior Design Qualification (NCIDQ) certified 1979 Certificate Number: 2352
Academic/ Professional Interests
Professional Practices; Career Planning; Electrical and Lighting Systems; Continuing Education; Medical Care Facility Planning, Design and Management